How do you choose the right breast implant for your body? Well, the answer really depends upon your goals and the tradeoffs you wish to make. Dr. Beran will sit with you during your consultation and help you make the choice that is best for you. There is not one right choice for every woman.
Silicone implants generally feel more “natural” than silicone implants and have less chance of “rippling”. Saline implants are much less expensive. There are some other differences between the two types of implants and we have included a quick overview to aid in your decision:
Silicone Breast Implants:
• All the silicone implants Dr. Beran uses are made in America and are FDA approved
• The implant is filled with a cohesive gel, not a liquid.
• The gel has a consistency that resembles the natural feel and resistance to pressure of breast tissue
• The implants are filled at the factory. The implants are available in a huge selection of shapes and sizes.
• The implants are available in four projections: Moderate, Moderate Plus, High Profile and Ultra High Profile to allow the doctor to give you just the look you want.
• Our MemoryGel® Breast Implants are covered by the Mentor Premier Advantage Warranty.
Saline Filled Breast Implants:
• All the saline implants Dr. Beran uses are made in America and are FDA approved.
• These implants are filled with a saltwater solution directly from an IV bag. The solution is identical to that used in your IV during your surgery.
• Saline implants have a slightly firmer feel than gel-filled implants and don’t mimic breast tissue as well.
• Saline implants are more likely to show ripples.
• The ultimate volume of the implant can be adjusted by Dr. Beran during the procedure.
• You can choose from three projection options: Moderate, Moderate Plus and High Profile.
• Our saline implants are covered by the Mentor Standard or Enhanced Limited Warranty and Lifetime Replacement Policy.