Do you wish you had a flatter, sexier, more toned tummy? If you’re like many of my patients, this is a common desire, for both women and men. Tummy tuck surgery, also known as abdominoplasty, is a great way to remove excess fat and skin and restore weakened or separated muscles. The result? A smoother, firmer, more attractive midsection.
A tummy tuck takes loose, flabby skin that has lost its shape and elasticity and transforms it into a flatter, smoother abdominal surface. For my female patients, the presence of stretch marks is what prompts them to request a tummy tuck, whereas my male patients want to erase the “middle age bulge” that has crept up on them.
Common causes of a flabby tummy
Even individuals of otherwise normal body weight and proportion can develop a protruding, loose, sagging abdomen. The most common causes include:
- Prior surgery
- Significant fluctuations in weight
5 reasons to have a tummy tuck
1) To dramatically reduce loose skin around the abdomen. Dieting and exercise can tone muscles but cannot take away loose, sagging folds of abdominal skin. An abdominoplasty accomplishes this by tightening the inner girdle (the area that extends from the ribcage to the pubic bone) and reshaping the abdominal walls.
2) To erase stretch marks caused by pregnancy. Stretch marks occur during pregnancy due to the extreme stretching of muscle and skin around the abdomen to accommodate the growing baby. They can also result from losing a great deal of weight. The good news is that stretch marks, as well as Caesarean section scars, can be almost entirely obliterated with a tummy tuck.
3) To remove old scars from previous surgeries. If you have had stomach stapling operations in the past or other surgeries that have left scars on your abdomen (appendectomy, hernia operation, etc.), a tummy tuck can remove those scars and restore the surface of the skin so that it looks smooth, toned and scar-free.
4) To be able to wear skimpy underwear and revealing swimsuits (especially bikinis). After having a tummy tuck, one small scar will be visible across the lowest part of the abdomen area (just above the bikini line) and another around the belly button area. For most of my patients, these scars heal extremely well and are not obvious.
5) For a more positive self-image. Getting a tummy tuck means a lot more than just a flatter stomach and tighter midsection. Just as importantly, it increases a person’s self-esteem and self-confidence. In fact, a great many of my patients have told me that after their tummy tuck, they have felt that if a flatter abdomen is possible for them, other things can be as well. They not only look and feel better, they have a new outlook on life and a renewed purpose.
How much does a tummy tuck cost?
Because every person’s body is unique and the results they are seeking from tummy tuck surgery are specific to them, the exact cost of this surgery is determined by Dr. Beran after he has met with you and together, you have decided whether this procedure will achieve the best possible results for you.
Why choose Dr. Beran for your procedure?
With years of specialized surgical experience, Dr. Samuel Beran has performed hundreds of tummy tucks with outstanding results and is highly experienced in this specialized type of plastic surgery. One of the most acclaimed plastic surgeons in the New York area, Dr. Beran offers the latest techniques performed in the safety of his fully-accredited surgical facility with state- of-the-art equipment, using the same caliber of patient monitoring devices found in top medical center operating facilities.
If you are interested in a tummy tuck
If you are considering having a tummy tuck and would like to schedule a free consultation, please contact Dr. Beran. He will send you additional information prior to your appointment, then meet with you and answer any questions you may have. Then together, you and he will discuss how this procedure can achieve the beautiful results you desire.